1. Amy and the kids – This is by far #1 on the list. There is no comparison.
2. Everyone else I am used to interacting with on a regular basis - It’s primarily about the people, not the stuff.
3. Reliable internet – It’s apparently much better than previous years but still sketchy service and very slow. I am thankful though to have connectivity. Many outside the wire do not.
4. Multi-ply toilet paper – You can read about it here if you need further explanation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper).
5. Access to indoor restrooms and showers a la stateside standards (are you starting to get the point?:))
6. Real time news and sports – We have Armed Forces Network, but it’s mostly delayed and with a limited selection.
7. My bed at home – More importantly, I miss the individual who sleeps next to me in it!
8. Wearing civilian clothes - I am proud to wear the uniform but getting tired of wearing it 24-7.
9. Driving a car – This is when I did most of my talking on the phone. I now have to carve out time during my day to get this done.
10. Ruth’s Chris – I eat there on trips to San Antonio since I typically stay at a hotel nearby. “Surf and turf” on Friday night in Afghanistan is a good try, but it’s no match for a 12 oz filet medium rare.